Legal and Privacy
A careful and confidential service
Our commitment to your privacy
Russel + Aitken LLP and RA Direct uses and protects any information that you provide to us, in the course of using this website, according to the policy statements set out below.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 1st June 2013.
What we collect
We may collect or confirm information such as your name, address, phone number(s) or email address(es), as may be required in order to keep you up to date with any of our services, which you are either in the process of using or which you have subscribed to receive general updates about.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- In order to update you about the progress of work we are carrying out for you.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use your contact details and any relevant information you have provided to advise you about areas of our work in which you have previously confirmed an interest, or that we consider may be of additional interest, provided you have agreed to this and have not subsequently unsubscribed or opted out of receiving such marketing or informational communications from us.
Securing your information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The websites operated by Russel + Aitken LLP and RA Direct make use of small data files called cookies, which are stored on your computer, in order to keep track of both anonymous visitors and authenticated users.
There are several cookies which this website will store on your computer, via your web browser. These are likely to include, but may not be limited to, the following examples:
|PHPSESSID||Needed in order to use our secure messaging system or when registered users login to personalised or secure areas of our website.|
||Used by our Google Analytics service|
|_atssc||Used by our AddThis service|
|mautic_focus_*||Used by our own website marketing automation software|
You can read a lot more about cookies, what they are and how to manage them, on the website AboutCookies.org which is run by law firm Pinsent Masons LLP.
A browser add-on is available from Google, to help you to opt-out of Google Analytics Advertising features. This can be downloaded here.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. If this box is not present it means that we will automatically refrain from using any information that you provide for direct marketing, and from passing it on to any other party.
- Any marketing material that we send to you by email will include a link to allow you to easily unsubscribe from future marketing communications. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Russel + Aitken LLP
27 Rutland Square
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.